Between the scattered hills, on the edge of the vast Danube`s waters, there is a little piece of heaven called the Old Varvara House. The house dates from 1904 and belonged to Varvara, the village midwife. The house is built on one of Dobrogea`s hills that overlooks the Danube Delta.
In 2010, once the house and land was purchased, the restoration began. The result was not just a holiday house, but a true museum of folk art. The architecture has been preserved exactly but adapted to modern living standards. The furniture was made by hand and every little thing was recovered and revealed for you to admire the old age.
Selecting the materials for the house was dictated by the requirements of authenticity and passion for tradition. We used local materials such as nearby stone and wood. The interiors have been carefully designed so that the tradition can be the mediator between comfort and elegance.
As a result, in 2012, Vechia Varvara, is the ideal place for escaping the daily life routine, escaping the busy city.